Event page for the TCGA’s flagship event of the 2023 season, hosted by Endwell Greens Golf Club, The Links at Hiawatha Landing, and Binghamton Country Club! Thank you to Harding Brooks Insurance Agency for their continued support of golf in our region!
The 94th Harding Brooks Insurance Agency TCGA Amateur Championship has concluded following 54-holes of play in the Senior, Women’s, and Open Division.
In the Senior Division, Adam Schumacher of Shepard Hills finished at a 54-hole total of Even Par, 215 to give him a 17-stroke margin of victory over second place. Ed Wesoloski of the Links at Hiawatha Landing finished in second place with a 54-hole total of +17, 232.
In the first ever iteration of the Women’s Division, Joan Long finished at a 54-hole total of +45, 263 to give her a 2-stroke victory over Jane Talbot, who finished at a 54-hole total of +47, 265. Joan began the final round in 3rd place and overcame a 10-stroke deficit to win.
In the Open Division, Michael Bucko of the Links at Hiawatha Landing and a St. Bonaventure University rising sophomore won the title after a three-way playoff with fellow competitors Tom Christoffersen & Matt Maione, both from the Links at Hiawatha Landing. The three players finished at a 54-hole total of +2, 217. Michael made a birdie on the second playoff hole at Binghamton Country Club after his tee shot on the Par 3 left him just a few feet for the win. Finishing 1-shot out of the playoff at +3, 218 was the University of Scranton’s Liam Burtis.
Congratulations to all of our champions and thank you to all of our participants, host courses and their staffs, WICZ & WBNG for their coverage, Dick’s Sporting Goods House of Sport for their tee gifts, our TCGA Volunteers, the New York State Golf Association (NYSGA), and last but certainly not least our title sponsor Harding Brooks Insurance Agency for their generous support for this event. We hope all had a great experience this year and are looking forward to the rest of our 2023 season!
Please note, Pro Shop Credit payouts should be available by next week. We will email the players when shop credit is available. The amount and course where the credit is to will be listed on the Golf Genius leaderboard shortly. The Remlik’s Player of the Year Points Race will be updated soon as well.
When & Where:
Round 1: Friday, July 14th, Endwell Greens Golf Club
Players outside 25 shots of the leader after Round 1 may be cut for pace of play considerations
Round 2: Saturday, July 15th, The Links at Hiawatha Landing
——— *Following Cut ———
Round 3: Sunday, July 16th, Binghamton Country Club
*The cut will be Top 30 & Ties for the Open Division, Top 6 & Ties for the Senior Division and Top 3 & Ties for the Women’s Division.
- Open Division: 54 holes, Individual Stroke-Play Championship, cut to Top 30 & Ties after 2nd Round
- Senior Division & Women’s Division: 54 holes, Individual Stroke-Play Championship, cut to Top 6 & Ties (Senior) and Top 3 & Ties (Womens) after 2nd Round
Click here to view changes for the divisions and format for the 2023 Harding Brooks Insurance Agency TCGA Amateur Championships, Open, Senior, and Women’s Division.
Eligibility: Amateur golfers meeting one or both of the following requirements, Seniors must meet the age requirement of 55+ as well:
- Residency in the Counties of Broome, Otsego, Cortland, Chenango, Tioga, Delaware, Bradford (PA) or Susquehanna (PA).
- Member of a TCGA Member Course
Note: Seniors must be age 55 or older as of July 14th, 2023 to participate in the Senior Division
Senior Division (age 55+) and Women’s Division:
- The Senior Amateur and Women’s Amateur will be played as a 54-hole event played concurrently with the Open Division.
- Play will be from the White tees for all participants in the Senior Division.
- Play will be from the Forward tees for all participants in the Women’s Division
- Participants must declare at sign-up which division they would like to participate in.
- Players may participate in the Open Division (Blue Tees) if desired but may not participate in multiple divisions.
Remlik’s Player of the Year:
This event is an elevated Remlik’s Player of the Year Points event (click here for more info)